Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Power of Massage and Magnetic Therapy

While working in Park City I run across a lot of amazing athletes who train there. One of these is Marcel Vifian, a retired pro-triathlete. He advised me to be more active in my healing process. This council has greatly helped me. I started giving myself deep tissue massages to break up the scar tissue and increase blood supply and ice massages to create an increase of fresh nutrient-rich blood to the area on top of the rehab exercises and cardio I am already doing.

Another great triathlete, Bri Klug, suggested the use of Magnetic Therapy. She even gave me 8 little magnets to try. The difference has been astounding. I am lifting more with my healing leg, biking a longer and harder, and .... drum roll .... I just started running for 30 seconds every 5 minutes!! I'm taking it slow at first. Even though my run is only a 12 minute mile pace, it is so awesome to run again! It feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment